Wednesday, February 28, 2007

guardian angel IV



Angela in Nice might appreciate this. You may remember that I posted a picture of Niki de Saint-Phalle's Guardian Angel in the Zurich train station a few weeks ago. I had gone inside a Fasnacht tent to seek shelter from a sudden rainstorm, when I spotted this woman sporting a Guardian Angel costume. These aren't necessarily my best or most eye-catching pictures of Fasnacht, but I just had to post this because I've always liked that angel. I think she deserves some sort of prize for the best costume ever. She nailed every detail, down to the colors on the angel's outfit. (her wings were feathers, and she was carrying them around in a plastic bag to protect them from the rain).

More pictures of Fasnacht here.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

You certainly like to dress up in Switzerland don't you? Do you ever have a novelty day at work for charity, you know the sort of thing - "Dress Normally Day, Regular Office Wear." ?

Jul said...

I love it!

Z said...

Is the fanny pack supposed to be the red-liquid-thingy? :-)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for a costume :) Brilliant that you already posted a picture of the "original" from the train station :)

AinZ said...

Lynn--he, he, you're funny! But seriously, unless you count the really strange fashion choices of the teenagers and some 20-somethings (but I guess that's not just a Swiss thing, it's a universal teenager thing), the Swiss only really dress up for Fasnacht & Street Parade. Oooooh--you just wait until Street Parade in August!

Z-yeah, I guess the fanny pack ruins the effect a bit, but I guess she needed to put her bratwurst money somewhere...