Monday, April 9, 2007

teuscher


It's Easter Monday, and we get the day off in Switzerland. I guess they just needed to give us a day to recover from all the chocolate binging on Easter Sunday. So, to conclude the the Easter chocolate theme, I bring you a picture of one of the dislplays at Teuscher, another famous Swiss chocolaterie. However, with its generous use of fake flowers, oversized bows, and shades of pink, I find the decor a tad over the top. The chocolate is still good though. More pictures of Teuscher here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed all the colour in your chocolate shots Ainz, but I also liked "killing time" just for it's high viewpoint.

Happy Easter

South Shields Daily Photo

Z said...

I can't believe how gaudy and tacky Teuscher is. The first time I walked by the counter in Globus/Jelmoli (which one is it?) I think my mouth fell open. On a related note, have you been to Cafe Felix (used to be Schober)? It has been on my list for the past year, but I haven't made it there yet.

AinZ said...

curly-thanks for your comments

z-yes, Tuescher is definitely kitsch central. I've been to Schober once (didn't realize the name had changed), over a year ago. It is equally fake-flowery and tacky (are the two businesses related??), but somehow it's also strangely cozy and inviting on a cold day. The hot chocolate and the chocolate cake were wonderful. The waitress, however, was grumpy...